The night before we left for my mother in law's house my husband received a phone call from a friend who lives down the road. He had gone to my MIL's house to turn the power, water and gas on. After he turned the water on one of the pipes burst so there was one project that needed to be done on our short trip in. There were also a few mice surprises that needed cleaned up. I did about four loads of laundry just so that we could sleep in clean linens and have clean towels. By the time we woke up the next morning, we still did not have hot water. We spent the morning cleaning out the cabinets that we did not get to in October and later that afternoon we visited my husbands grandfather and uncle. We spent the rest of the evening watching a movie and getting into bed early. The next morning we finished cleaning out the cabinets and disinfecting the house. The funny thing about the whole trip is that when my MIL was alive it never failed, she always had a project for my husband, whether it was changing lightbulbs or putting her storm windows up. It was almost like she was still with us, it was almost as if she had planned it that way to keep us from thinking too much about her NOT being there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Adventure
Good morning! It has been awhile since I posted and because of that, I almost deleted this blog. I probably should have a long time ago but ...
-
The fall chill had started to settle into the air when I hugged my husband and son before they traveled home. They would be back in four da...
-
MY SOUL TO KEEP Melanie Wells The third and final book as far as I know. Who knows, Peter Terry may decide to invade the dreams of some ot...
-
For those who read my "Lessons Learned" posting, I forgot to post the follow up. The next day my son went to school and somewhere...
No comments:
Post a Comment